Friday, August 1, 2008

Because He Lives

As I sit here needing to post an update, I didn't really know where to start or exactly what to say. Everything seems so jumbled up in my mind. So, please excuse me if I ramble. I read a response to my previous post from my Aunt Barbara and she said that my Grandmother and Papaw Morgan would be so proud of us. I just started crying, but that is nothing new these days. A lot of things make me cry - thinking about my girls starting school in a few weeks, how proud we are of them and that we will probably never see the baby start school. Just random things can start a gusher! I remember at my Grandmother's funeral we sang the old hymn "Because He Lives" - because he lives I can face tomorrow. Whatever tomorrow may bring, I know that our family will be together in heaven one day. Our youngest daughter, Brianna, accepted Christ and was baptized this summer on June 8. Now I know that even though the timing will vary, the eternal destination of our entire family is the same!

I had two doctors appointments this week. The baby is still growing and his heart beat was good! They were able to see his stomach on the ultra sound yesterday which they had not seen previously. This is good news as it means he is able to swallow!! The not so great news is that I am getting really uncomfortable due to a high level of amnionic fluid (not uncommon with T18 babies). Riding in the car and sitting at my desk can be painful. Dr. G has scheduled my c-section for August 27th at noon. The last week in August will be busy for us - the girls start school on 8/25 and then our new little one will arrive on 8/27. As Brittany said to us recently, "when our family does something, we do it right"! She was refering to our vacation, but we probably tend to be a little over the top most of time:) I guess it's like "go big or go home". Anyway, please keep us in your prayers over the next few weeks and thank you for all of the wonderful comments and prayers. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful family and friends!

Please pray for our friends, the Crady family, today as Julie's Mom is getting a liver transplant this morning! They have been praying for this day for many months now.

Karen

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. John 14:1-3

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen, I am so glad that he is able to swallow and that his little heartbeat was good! I know they were unsure if he was swallowing or not so I am relieved that he is. Hang in there and know you have a loving army of friends and family standing behind you every step of the way.

Love,
Nikki

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine what you and your family must be going through and I do not know the words to say to make it better. Your family in NC has been praying for all of the Zuckeros and Alexanders. May God comfort each one of you and give you peace. We may me far in miles, but we are not far in thoughts. Love, Monica

Joann said...

To my precious family:
I love you all so much and I pray everyday for God's will for the pregnancy and Baby Z. I know my will may not be God's will, but I totally trust in Him to carry out His plan for this baby and all of you. The encouraging signs with swallowing and good heartbeat are a wonderful. Hugs, Love, and Kisses to you all.
Momoe

Anonymous said...

Karen,
When I read your last posting, I had a bit of a gusher too. I know that your are so proud of Brittany and Brianna. They are such beautiful girls. It was so good to hear the encouraging news about Baby Z and his continued growth and strong heartbeat. I remember during one of PawPaw's last days on this earth, I asked him, "Do you ever just pray that God will just go ahead and take you?" Although he could bearly speak due to his strokes and weak condition, he shook his head "no" and softly mouthed, "God's will." That was such a wonderful legacy to leave with me and his family, that even during his uncomfortable and trying times, he still prayed for God's will, rather than his own. I am often reminded of his strong faith and the example that he and Grandmother set for us all.
Now you are following in his footsteps and setting such a wonderful example for many of God's children, young and old. God has you, Troy, Brittany, Brianna and Baby Z in His loving arms and He will show you the way. By continuing to follow God's lead, I feel sure you will be truly blessed. I hope that if my email brings another gusher, it will also bring a sweet release of so many emotions. The only way I know to express myself is to pour my heart out to you and it's usually in the middle of the night when I am having a cry too. I continue to pray for your family's strength, your and Baby Z's health, God's guidance, and His perfect will.
Much love to you all,
Barbara

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Hi Karen,
I found out about you through Kenzie's blog. My little girl had T-18 and your post today sounds so familiar. I love the old hymns and sang "in the sweet by and by" and my Grandma's funeral. I sing an old hymn to my girls every night. I will be praying for you and your family, first for a miracle (cause they still happen) but if not a complete miracle, I will pray that God will answer all your prayers and will give you peace during the next few months! I am sorry you are having to face this but you will continue to see throughout it all, no matter what happens, that God is good. Hard to explain, but it's true:)
Let me know if you need to talk or need anything.
With love in Christ,
Kim Summons
marygracesummons.blogspot.com
kimmybons@charter.net

Just a smalltown girl said...

Go big or go home.... It struck me reading that in your post. When our son was born we followed him from hospital to hospital, ending up in a big city in a big hospital. When we learned of his problems the doctors just kept shaking their heads and telling us "Alex has this, but it's the worst form" it seemed everything went like that. My husband finally one day just had to laugh and say "well, go big or go home, right?" And that became our motto.

My prayers are with you. Our stories are different but I've walked the walk you are about to embark on. It's not easy, but it comes with it's own blessings. We are now 2 1/2 years out from laying Alex to rest and there are days of quiet reflection, of appreciating the lessons we learned. There are also days where the pain comes flooding back.

God bless
Kat