Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Update

As I mentioned last week, I have a lot of excess amniotic fluid - more than twice the normal levels. We have decided to go ahead and have Dr. Rowe do a decompression tomorrow afternoon which is basically to drain off the excess fluid. This should make me much more comfortable and will hopefully allow for me to carry the baby to almost 37 weeks for the scheduled c-section on 8/27. Besides the fact that I feel like I have broken ribs, or what I imagine that must feel like, the Dr. thinks that my water may break before then if we don't release some of the pressure from the fluid. This is an outpatient procedure in the hospital. So, we should be back home tomorrow evening.

As always, thank you to our many friends and family and those out there whom we don't even know who are praying for us.

Karen

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen,

I hope this procedure will make you more comfortable. We will Continue to lift you all up in prayer.

Becky

Anonymous said...

Karen,

We continue to keep you in our prayers. We will say extra prayers to help you through this procedure today. You are such an inspiration to many of us! We love you.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

I just saw Troy and told him that Baby Z is expecting Lupe Tortilla after the procedure. I hope that it is not too uncomfortable and that you feel immediate relief. You know I am thinking of you. Love, Julie