Monday, November 3, 2008

Choices

Over the past few weeks, I keep thinking about choices. We make choices everyday that affect the rest of our lives. Even the seemingly insignificant choices can have a big impact. I know I haven't posted in a while. A few people have asked me about it, and I just haven't had a lot to share. Things come to mind and then they somehow don't seem profound enough to share, but the subject of choices keeps coming up. Today is the day before election day, my youngest daughter's 11th birthday (Happy Birthday Brianna!!!!) and a few days past what would have been Nolan's 2 month birthday. Again choices - what person will I choose to be our country's leader, how will I raise my children, who should be the one to give and take away a life no matter how small. It all comes down to one thing - God's plan. He already knows the outcome of tomorrow's election, he already knows every choice that I will make regarding my children and he knew what choice I would make when presented with the option to take away my son's life because T18 is considered "not compatible with life" in the medical world.

Consulting the ultimate counselor has become something that is not optional for me. It's been a rough year and I can't imaging how much harder it would be if I did not choose God's path for my life. 2 Chronicles 18:4 says "First seek the counsel of the Lord". We need to come to Him in prayer, to present our requests to him with thanksgiving. He wants to hear all of our requests and concerns no matter how small, everything from our daily life to the election. I pray everyday that He will see me through, give me a joyful heart to serve my family and my community. It seems small, but sometimes when i'm having a bad day, chosing to just stop to ask for His strength makes a big difference. Pray that God will show us who he would have to lead our nation. Someone who is concerned with the financial/economic crisis as well as the moral crisis of our nation. Someone who will consult the ultimate counselor when making decisions that affect us all. No matter the outcome of the election, remember that God is still in control and He has the last say.

Job 12:13 "To God belong wisdom and power; counsel and understanding are his.

10 comments:

Carla said...

Your life is a beautiful testimony and you represent our Lord in a way that brings him honor. Your post encouraged me today. God Bless you and...Thankyou.

Laurie in Ca. said...

I appreciate the wisdom of this post. I check in often to see how you are doing and pray that God gets you through each day with His strength. Choices are a wonderful thing when the Lord is consulted. He directs our path no matter what it is. And I know you and your family make Him proud. Have a blessed week.

Laurie in Ca.

Kenzie said...

Karen-

We do have so many choices that the Lord gives us... amazing how He allows us to make the decisions and yet He clearly has certain things planned for us following each one. Thank you for the insight and for sharing what the Lord continues to impress on your heart!

Love so much and praying for your family... especially baby Noah right now.

Kenzie

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Love the slide show of Nolan's birthday. Thank you so much for sharing. What a beautiful boy. I love the picture of the hair peaking out of his little cap.

Thinking of you all and still praying for your wonderful family.

~Becky

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration to me! I LOVE the slideshow. It's incredible to watch and brings me right back to the day I held that sweet little boy. What a day! I think of him all the time. I know he's watching over all of us right now.

Love ya!

Nikki

Katie said...

Merry Christmas Zuckero family!

Kenzie said...

Merry Christmas Karen! I'm praying for you guys as you celebrate this holiday and think of sweet Nolan with the Lord.

Love you,
Kenzie

Anonymous said...

Is everybody healing and doing better by now?